An INNOVATIVE COLLABORATION between Salzburg Global Seminar in Austria and St. Mark’s School in Southborough, MA to EDUCATE and SUPPORT faculty and students from public, private and international secondary schools as they learn ways to become ENGAGED GLOBAL CITIZENS actively working to solve problems of global and local significance.
Global citizenship is an essential part of EDUCATION in our highly interconnected 21st century world. As students and teachers we have a RESPONSIBILITY to understand the impact of these INTERCONNECTED SYSTEMS on the world at large.
what will you do?
- Listen to LEADERS in the field of global citizenship
- Work with teachers trained at the SALZBURG GLOBAL SEMINAR
- Work COLLABORATIVELY with your school’s team and with teams from around the country and AROUND THE WORLD as you work to create an action plan for your school
- Participate in an outing to EXPLORE THE CITY OF BOSTON, home of the Freedom Trail, The USS Constitution, The Museum of Fine Arts, The Science Museum and many other exciting sights.
what will you leave with?
- An ACTION PLAN to bring change and make a difference at your school during the 2016-2017 academic year
- A greater understanding of your RESPONSIBILITIES as global citizens and the ways we can teach others about global citizenship
- NEW COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS from around the country & the world
- A WEALTH OF EXPERIENCE & materials to continue your growth as a global citizen
how can i go?
Fill out the application. Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first serve basis